- CNN's thoughts on H1N1 as school begins across the country
- Recommendations to not close schools but sequester students at home in case of H1N1 this fall
- New food safety legislation was passed by the House
- An unexpected beneficiary of the new food safety bill - technology companies
- The new OSHA head (officially named the assistant secretary of labor for the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration) is an epidemiologist!
- Another outbreak - this time of ground beef primarily in California
"Dr. Sears claims to listen to parental concerns and to be impartial when it comes to whether or not, or how, to vaccinate. He says that, rather than tell them what to do, he prefers to give parents all the information they need to make their own, informed decisions. But instead of accurately discussing the science for concerned parents, correcting the pervasive vaccine myths and misinformation so prevalent in the media, on-line, and in our communities, he distorts, misinterprets, and misleads."