- Keeping healthy while flying - Spreading germs on a plane can be mitigated by keeping your hands clean (duh) and using common-sense public health practices.
- Possible vaccine controversy with the coming H1N1 vaccine - The author discusses the importance of a public education campaign around vaccine safety.
- Our very own Lisa had an article published in a recent MMWR! This article discusses the paper about the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS).
- The House passed a food safety bill - This bill will require more frequent FDA inspections.
- Mental health is an important issue in the military - This article discusses suicide rates among soldiers.
- And, just for fun, Michael Pollan had a recent article discussing the changes in American cooking habits in light of the new Julia Child movie, "Julie & Julia." I thought it was an interesting article.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Several interesting articles from the weekend that may be of interest: